We have a Parent Governor vacancy! Please click on the links below for more details.
Blueberry Park School Governors
The Governors are responsible for making sure the school provides good quality education. Together with the headteacher, we set the school aims and policies.
Every school has a governing body. It normally includes:
- Parents elected by other parents of children at the school.
- Citizens appointed by the local authority.
- Members co-opted from the community.
- School staff, including the headteacher.
What does the governing body do?
The governing body:
- Is accountable for the performance of the school.
- Plans for the school's future.
- Selects the headteacher.
- Makes decisions on the school's budget and staffing.
- Makes sure the National Curriculum is taught.
- Decides how the school can encourage pupil's spiritual, moral and cultural development.
- Makes sure that the school provides for all its pupils, including those with additional needs.
- Has a strong commitment to the fundamental British Values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect, and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs (and no faith).
For more information on the roles of the members of the governing body, including any business interests, please click on the link below:
For more information about attendance at Governing Body meetings last academic year please click on the link below:
Please contact the School Governors on 0151 233 2480 or leave a message at the school office.
Governing Body Meetings - 2017-2018
AUTUMN TERM 2017
15th September 1.00pm Strategy Meeting
13th October 2.00pm Curriculul & Pupil Welfare Committee
20th October 2.00pm Resources Committee
10th November 2.00pm Data Dashboard and Raisonline meeting
24th November 2.00pm Full Governing Body (clerked)
SPRING TERM 2018
2nd February 2.00pm Curriculum & Pupil Welfare Committee
9th February 2.00pm Resources Committee
16th March 2.00pm Full Governing Body (clerked)
SUMMER TERM 2018
27th April 2.00pm Resources Committee - Budget setting
25th May 2.00pm Curriculum & Pupil Welfare Committee
6th July 2.00pm Resources Committee
6th July 2.00pm Full Governing Body (clerked