Ackers Hall Avenue, Liverpool, Merseyside, L14 2DY

0151 233 2480

Blueberry Park Primary School

Nursery Admissions

Three-year old places

Please click on the link below to view our Nursery Admissions Policy for three-year olds:

Nursery Admissions Policy for Three-year olds

Fre       Two-year old places

As part of a national programme, around 3,553 children in Liverpool will be given a free place from September 2014.

The aim of this programme is to support children's learning and development and give parents who are economically disadvantaged access to childcare.

Places will be available in our brand-new Nursery department from September 2015.

A free place is a total of 570 hours which equates to 15 hours per week for 38 weeks. There is some flexibility but the hours must be taken over a minimum of a two-day period each week, and for between 2.5 and 10 hours each day.

If you are in receipt of the benefits listed below or meet the other eligibility criteria, we will ask parents to provide proof of this eligibility before we can offer a two-year old place (if one is available).

Eligibility criteria

Your child will be eligible for a free place if you are in receipt of the following benefits. We will write to you to let you know if you can access a place.

  • Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance (income based).
  • Employment Support Allowance (income related).
  • Support through Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act.
  • The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
  • Child Tax Credit with annual gross earnings of no more than £16,190 per year.
  • The Working Tax Credit 4 week-run on (the payment a claimant receives when they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
  • Working Tax credits with annual gross earnings of no more than £16,190 per year.
  • Disability Living Allowance.

Your child may also be eligible for a place if she or he:

  • Has a current statement of special educational needs or an education, health and care plan.
  • Is looked after by the local authority.

In addition, your child may be offered a place if you have left care through special guardianship or through an adoption or residence order.

Further information