Friends of Blueberry
Our aim is to enable the school to take its place at the heart of an active and vibrant community.
We will -
- provide support for pupils and teachers
- provide opportunities for parents and staff to meet outside the classroom.
- enable members of the community to meet with and work with each other and with school, in a variety of activities.
- act as a sounding board
- take advantage of the facilities and opportunities available.
- encourage the community to work together for everyone's benefit.
We can do this by -
- assisting with school projects as and when invited to do so.
- offering particular skill to the group or to school.
- arranging social events and activities.
- organising fund-raising events such as a Summer Garden Party, a raffle or a Christmas Fair or other such events.
- organising work groups or classes in specific topics or skills, if sufficient members are interested.
- working to improve the school grounds.
- stimulating the pupils by organising competitions and awarding prizes.
- making an Annual Award - the Friends' Award - to the pupil who has done most during the year for his / her fellow pupils.
- working with the community at a specific activity, when / if invited to do so.
A committee of volunteers representing parents, school and the community will plan and oversee acitivities, meeting at regular intervals with the Head Teacher or other staff members, in order to do so.
For further information, or to become 'a friend', contact the school office or any committee member.