A warm welcome to Blueberry Park Primary!
Some important things to remember at the start of the year...
- Reception P.E. lessons take place every Tuesday, please send your child to school in their P.E. kit.
- To prevent items being lost, please label ALL items of clothing (including velcro fastening shoes).
- Look out for our online weekly newsletter, detailing ways to support your child at home. There will be a home learning task to complete each week. Please do not return any work to school at the moment.
- Staff must be notified each time somebody different is collecting your child (we can only release your child with your permission).
- Please do not bring toys into school, keep them safe at home.
- It is essential that school has an up to date contact number for you, please remember to inform us of any changes.
- Any allergy/medical information about your child should be shared with staff immediately and updated regularly.
This week, the children have had a wonderful time in reception. Below are some ideas for home learning (please do not send any completed work back into school at the moment)...
This week, we have been reading Goldilocks and the Three Bears. You can read the story together here:
Who is your favourite character in the story? Can you draw a picture of your favourite character? Tell an adult why they are your favourite character.
In maths we are ordering sizes. Can you circle the largest object? (please see worksheet below)
Please find below some useful information about child development. We would typically expect Reception children to be working within the 40-60+ months statements. Whilst this is only a guideline, it will give you some idea on how your child is doing and how to best support them at home.