Thank you for your fantastic home learning! Keep up the wonderful work!
Remote Learning Friday 12th February
Hello Reception! Happy Friday!
Keep up the great work reception. We love receiving your work through our class email address and seesaw.
PE with Joe Wicks is live at 9 on Youtube, there are also lots of children's workouts available to watch at anytime on Joe's Youtube channel.
Have a look at the powerpoint which revisits our work on one less than, try not to get mixed up with one more than! Use this numberline to help.
Complete the one less than worksheet below, you can copy into your books.
We have been reading the story, How to Catch a Dragon, I know that lots of you have enjoyed it! Today I would like you see if you can talk about what happened in the beginning, middle and end of the story. In your books, draw your favourite part of the story, try to label the characters and the setting.
Read, Write, Inc. Phonics
Practise reading green words:
Don't forget, you can find your child's Read Write Inc group on seesaw. This provides a video of a teacher going through sounds, fred talk, reading and writing.
We hope that you have enjoyed learning about Chinese New Year. Today, we are going to find out how the animals of the Chinese Zodiac decided who would have which year named after them. Watch together and talk together, you can pause the clip to talk about what is happening.
Here are some themed home learning challenges for you to try:
Remember that it is half term next week, enjoy a lovely, well deserved week off! We will update the webpage and seesaw on 22nd February.
Keep safe and keep smiling!
From all the Reception Team
Useful websites to support home learning:
Class email address: email@example.com
We would like to welcome you to Blueberry Park Primary!
Some important things to remember at the start of the year...
- Reception P.E. lessons take place every Tuesday, please send your child to school in their P.E. kit.
- To prevent items being lost, please label ALL items of clothing (including velcro fastening shoes).
- Look out for our online weekly newsletter, detailing ways to support your child at home. There will be a home learning task to complete each week. Please do not return any work to school at the moment.
- Staff must be notified each time somebody different is collecting your child (we can only release your child with your permission).
- Please do not bring toys into school, keep them safe at home.
- It is essential that school has an up to date contact number for you, please remember to inform us of any changes.
- Any allergy/medical information about your child should be shared with staff immediately and updated regularly.
- Remember to send book bags into school on Friday, we will send reading books home every Monday.
Please find below some useful information about child development. We would typically expect Reception children to be working within the 40-60+ months statements. Whilst this is only a guideline, it will give you some idea on how your child is doing and how to best support them at home.