CURRICULUM INTENT STATEMENT
At Blueberry Park Primary School, every child is recognised as a unique individual. Our curriculum is designed to provide first-hand learning experiences, and to allow children to develop their interpersonal skills, build resilience and become creative, critical thinkers.
We celebrate and welcome differences within our school community. The ability to learn is underpinned by the teaching of basic skills, knowledge, concepts and values.
We provide enhancement opportunities to engage learning and believe that childhood should be a happy, investigative and enquiring time where there are no limits to curiosity and there is a thirst for new experiences and knowledge.
Children leave our school with a sense of belonging to a tightly knit community where they have the confidence and skills to make decisions, self-evaluate, make connections and become lifelong learners.
Our core values:
- A professional learning community with a learning-focused culture.
- Challenging pupils and staff to achieve personal standards of excellence.
- Raising standards through high expectations embedded in the curriculum.
- Involving children in the evaluation of their progress and planning the next stage of their learning.
- Providing a safe physical and emotional environment that reflects the diversity of our pupils.
- Providing a nurturing environment where staff and pupils always think of others, support each other, and care for the needs of others.
- Respecting the rights and valuing the contribution of parents, pupils and staff through effective communication and consultation.